Sunday, March 4, 2012

Spring is in the air...

So as many of my friends know, I have an unhealthy obsession with Coca-Cola. However, I have now finally found a way to use those empty coke cans! This is a really inexpensive project, (I think my total was around $4!) and great for a rainy March day...


I started by cleaning out a couple of cans. I really like the contrast between the red and white, but you could also personalize it with some different colored cans for a different look!

Next, I cut the top and bottom of the cans out using wire cutters. After that, I flattened them into sheets so they would be easier to cut into petals.

Once I had the cans in petals, it was time to start of the box!


For the box, I got a plain wooden box from Michael's and covered it with some leftover fabric that I had. Next, I painted the rim of the box white to match the fabric. --- Be warned though---if you put too much fabric around the lip of the box, it won't be able to close!
  
Finally, for the last step, arrange the petals on the box. I used a big drop of hot glue to start, and just started placing petals around each other. Make sure you bend the sides of the petals up so they more accurately resemble a flower. I also used parts of a Sprite can for leaves.

Finished! I hope you enjoyed this little project :)




No comments:

Post a Comment